Sunday 23 June 2013

Movie Review - Star Trek - Into Darkness

Star Trek - Into Darkness

 



I am really late putting this review in and probably most people who wanted to see it have already seen it but I will still put my personal review in.

I thought it was good. Star Trek Into Darkness is a great, action packed, awesome special effects movie. I enjoyed it but it wasn't good enough to go watch again, but I will own it.

Chris Pine again does an awesome Captain Kirk. I love how he is just Kirk, I don't know how to explain it and I honestly don't know another actor who could pull it off as well as Chris does. And Simon Pegg as Scotty, well I just love Simon Pegg so he can do no wrong, ever (I am waiting patiently for To the Worlds End)

Chris Pine, Simon Pegg, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, John Cho

Now can someone explain to me the part that Alice Eve's character was supposed to be other than being a so called pretty face. I found her character to be annoying and just a odd filler character.


Now to go to an amazing character. Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan was phenomenal, he was amazing. I started watching Sherlock because of his performance in this movie. I was captivated by him and couldn't take my eyes off of him. Kudos Benedict for an amazing performance. 



One other thing I want to mention is did anybody feel their chest tighten, or feel a little tear start to form in their eye as you watched the Enterprise falling to Earth? I will admit I did.


Overall great movie, not the best I have ever seen but a great one. Star Trek Into Darkness gets my 'V' stamp of approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment