Sunday 30 March 2014

The Zombies Are Coming!!!

I will admit I have a love for Zombies. There are Zombie Books, Zombie Movies and that Zombie TV show that everybody loves. So for this post we are going to talk Zombies.

Zombie Movies I love:
Dawn of the Dead (2004) - I don't really have a good reason why I love this movie, it's a bunch of 'B' list actors or even worse, not going to mention names but it's a good zombie movie.

The Resident Evil movies - I fell in love with the first one and I have even played the game, many, many moons ago but overall I think the movies are pretty good. Especially at the beginning of the series. Yes they have made some errors in the later movies, especially making them 3D but overall I enjoy the series and I'm looking forward to the next one Resident Evil 6.



Zombieland - Okay so the premise is hilarious and Jesse Eisenburg and Woody Harrelson work so well together plus Emma Stone make it a pretty funny Zombie movie but also adding Bill Murray playing himself just makes me happy.


Also the fact that they are making a sequel is awesome except sometimes the sequels suck!!!

Shaun of the Dead - Fantastic movie and completely hilarious.

28 days later and 28 weeks later - Great take on the zombie genre



World War Z - I heard from a lot of people that they did not like this movie, that it wasn't believable but come on it's a zombie movie. The only part that I thought was strange was the part where Brad Pitt's character infected himself with a virus so he wouldn't be detected, I thought it was a little weird. But overall a good movie.

Now here are two Zombie movies which are far from the norm. First is Fido, where Zombie are kept as pets, and society lives with the knowledge of zombies and even prepares themselves for death by being decapitated after death and burying the head separately. Second is Warm Bodies, it's a feel good romantic comedy about a Zombie who falls in love with a human and because of his love for her he slowly becomes human again.

So those are the favourites for me.

Let's move onto that TV show that we all love so much:

The Walking Dead - I found the first season to be slow but damn it gets good, really good. And tonight is the finale for the 4th season and I can't wait, except I don't get AMC, damn cable companies, lol.

And apparently the CW network is supposed to be starting their own zombie show. I guess it's been in concept stage for a little bit but here's to hoping. I wouldn't mind another Zombie show.

And now for books:
There are not a lot of Zombie books out there but in my book collection I have two and they both were fantastic.

Breathers: A Zombie's Lament - This book is about Andy who dies in a car accident and comes back as a zombie and this is a normal thing in their society. He ends up going to meetings for zombies on how to live, well so call live, in their society and he meets Rita and develops feelings for her. Here is the plot summary from Wikipedia: Andy Warner is a zombie, having reanimated after a fatal car wreck that killed his wife, orphaned his daughter, and left Andy disfigured and unintelligible. Reviled and discriminated against by a society that no longer considers him human, Andy is an outcast. He spends his new existence watching cable television in his parents’ wine cellar and attending Undead Anonymous meetings with other zombies, where he finds kindred souls in Rita and Jerry. After they meet Ray, a rogue zombie who introduces them to the joys of consuming human flesh, Andy embarks on a journey of self-discovery that leads to a media-driven, class-action lawsuit on behalf of the rights of zombies everywhere.

Also Fox Searchlight pictures has bought the rights to this and Diablo Cody involved, which could be a good thing and a bad thing, has anybody seen Jennifer's Body??


Pride, Prejudice and Zombies: This is a mash-up of Pride and Prejudice and the trend of zombies. I was iffy at first if I could get through the book but surprisingly it was fantastic. My favourite is still Breathers but this one was good. This book will also be made into a movie but that was planned a couple years ago but still nothing. Natalie Portman was to star but pulled out and now apparently Lily Collins has stepped in, so here's to hoping.

Well that's all I have to say about zombie's for now. I should get back to watching Dawn of the Dead, ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment